Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brain Experiment For You (Yes, You)

What genre do you love to read/write? Supernatural, Historical fiction, non-fiction, YA, juvenile, board books, Women's lit, Fantasy, comedy, romance (ooh la la)?
A few years ago, my sisters and I did a writing exercise. One wrote a little about something, passed on the last sentence and the next sister continued writing based on what the sentence said. It was fun and the story was amusing. In fact, one of my sisters was inspired by her portion and wrote a book based on it. (A pretty amazing book, actually. One I hope the masses will be able to read very soon. hint, hint)
Lately, I've been wondering about how unique our minds are. Mix that with all the genres and there are endless ways to write about the same thing. SO... I want to try an exercise of my own.
Here's what to do:

 MC visits someone at work. While there, natural disaster strikes.

Take this line and write about it. I'm thinking 500 words or so. Post your story in the comments section of this post by July 15th. Then, just to make it fun, I'll repost them and we'll have a vote for the favorite. Winner gets a $10 Amazon card. 
Sound fun? Let your imagination flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment